Waterfall Community Health Center has an immediate opening in our Finance Department for a Controller. This is a full-time benefitted position including medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability insurance that is fully paid by the employer. We also offer a 401K plan with a 6% match.
||$85,000 – $110,000 DOE
|Manages Direct Reports:
||HR Review & Approval:
Under the supervision of the CFO, the Controller will plan and direct the accounting operations of the Organization.
- Oversees the operations of the Finance Department staff, which includes AP/AR, Billing and Credentialing, and payroll.
- Oversees training for direct reports and identifies training needs.
- Adheres to a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Recommends and implements benchmarks that will be used to measure company performance.
- Actively participates in creation of the annual budget and forecasting.
- Provides financial analysis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for the annual audit.
- Files quarterly and annual reports, tax forms, and other necessary organizational documents.
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal government requirements.
- Accurately tracks Grant funding and drawdowns or expenditures and participates in grant writing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in principals of accounting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Abila MIP.
- Must be fiscally focused and mission driven.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Business Administration required.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified management Accountant designation preferred.
- Prior experience with Non-profit organizations is highly preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience needed.
- Prolonged periods sitting and/or standing at a desk working at a computer.
- Able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Able to travel as needed.