Location: Coos Bay Clinic, North Bend Clinic, and North Bend Clinic - Mental Health Center
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
APPROVED BY: Andrea Trenner
CANDIDATE MUST PASS A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG SCREEN AND CRIMINAL AND CHARACTER BACKGROUND CHECK.
Exercises progressive levels of autonomy in day-to-day activities based on satisfactory job performance. Personnel supervision is not a responsibility of this position Provide the full scope of primary care services which fall under his/her field of training, including by not limited to diagnosis, treatment, coordination of care, preventive care and health maintenance to patients. In addition, a Primary Care Physician is a member of the Waterfall Community Health Center Team. In that capacity they are expected to be familiar with the philosophy goals and objectives of Waterfall Community Health Center (WCHC) and work collaboratively to achieve them. They must be cognizant of, and comply with, all Center policies and procedures, as well as pertinent state and federal regulations. Protect the dignity, privacy and confidentiality of patients and their families, as well as co-workers and others.
Function as a Clinic Physician in a patient-centered primary-care-home, team-based primary care clinic serving insured and uninsured children and adults with a special emphasis on care for persons who experience barriers to accessing care due to income, language, cultural and social barriers.
Implement Waterfall Community Health Center’s mission, philosophy and goals in all activities. Ensure the efficient and effective flow of patients during scheduled clinics through joint planning and problem solving with clinic, office, contract and volunteer staff and other related duties as assigned. Protect the dignity, privacy and confidentiality of patients and their families, as well as co-workers and others. This position may be asked to work at other clinic sites as needed.
Support mission and goal achievement, organizational quality and patient-centered care. Comply with organizational policies, procedures, standards of care and related laws and regulations including HIPAA and OSHA regulations. Ensure the efficient and effective flow of patients during scheduled clinics through joint planning and problem solving with clinic, office, contract and volunteer staff and other related duties as assigned. Protect the dignity, privacy and confidentiality of patients and their families, as well as co-workers and others. This position may be asked to work at other clinic sites as needed.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide quality medical care to the patients of WCHC while protecting their dignity, privacy, and confidentiality
- Obtain health history and perform physical examinations
- Diagnose and direct counseling for each patient on a plan for treatment
- Prescribe medication in accordance with Oregon statute and professional practice guidelines
- Perform minor surgical procedures
- Review incoming reports (e.g. lab, x-ray, EKG, etc.) sign, date and follow-up in a timely manner
- Participate in peer review, quality assurance, provider meetings, and other clinical meetings/committees
- Complete patient electronic medical records in accordance with WCHC guidelines
- Assist with planning, development, implementation of policies and procedures, and ongoing quality improvement projects
- Interact with students and/or residents which may include but not be limited to those in college, medical, nursing, and mid-level schools and/or residencies
- Adhere to UDS productivity standards and meet at least the minimum requirement
- Participate in after hour call as scheduled
- Laboratory Director: Responsible for the proper training and maintenance required to meet state (and other) guidelines to properly perform lab tests within the office
- Graduate of Accredited medical school with degree of Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
- Completion of Accredited Residency
- Board certification in specialty (if newly graduated from residency, must be obtained within 3 years of graduation) must be kept current
- Unrestricted license to practice within Oregon State
- Current DEA certificate without restrictions
- Commitment to patient education
- Willingness to work with mid-level practitioners
- Must be computer literate
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good sense of humor.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Physical Demands: Lifting, bending, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, carrying, sitting, vision corrected in normal range, hearing corrected in normal range
- Hazardous Conditions: Exposure to blood borne pathogens infectious diseases; potential exposure to physical violence, exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals.
- Work Environment: In an office/clinical setting and out in the field.
- Exposed to: Potential exposure to communicable diseases, bodily fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinic environment. Cold/heat controls, close contact with sick people.
- Machines, equipment, tools and supplies used: computer, postage machine, fax, copier
- Multiple Duties: Must be able to work under conditions of constant interruption and be able to stay on task.
This position has access to Protected Health Information (PHI) in order to perform the functions of the job and employee shall apply the minimum necessary standard of HIPAA at all times. You are only to read the content of these records to the extent needed to accomplish the assigned task. PHI shall only be discussed on a need to know basis. Maintain strict confidentiality and respect the privacy of others.
Job descriptions represent a general outline of the essential and major job duties, functions and qualifications required. They cannot be all-inclusive and comprehensive due to the dynamic nature of work performed to accomplish WCHC’s Mission.
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions may change as need evolve.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform other related duties as assigned, to ensure workload coverage. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description does not constitute an employment contract, implied or otherwise, between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the organizational needs and requirements of the job change.
I understand that my employment is at-will and thereby understand that my employment can be terminated at-will either by Waterfall Community Health Center or myself and that such termination can be made with or without cause.
The job specification requirements stated are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this job successfully. Any satisfactory equivalent combination of experience and training which ensures the ability to perform the work may substitute for the above so that the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.